One Piece Swimwear
Beach Necessities Checklist: Get Ready for Fun in the Sun!
Before you or your children hit the beach or pool this summer, you’ve got to be ready. The sun’s warmth brings much more than just fun. It also brings ultraviolet radiation so it is critical that you be ready with the right sun protective swimwear pieces. Here’s what’s hot for 2012:
- One piece swimwear – While bikinis have gotten more and more popular in recent years, for 2012 the trend is toward more skin coverage because more and more people are becoming aware of the need for sun protection. One piece swimwear provides greater protection than skimpy bikinis, especially if it is made with a high UPF, or ultraviolet protection factor. The highest rating is 50+ so keep that in mind as you shop.
- Caftans – Caftans are an essential part of your beach or pool wardrobe because they keep you covered when you’re out of the water. They prevent that cold feeling that sets in when you head for the shade after taking a dip in the water. Caftans should be made of tightly woven material that also offers a high UPF.
- Sun hats – Everyone should purchase a sun hat with a high UPF to keep their shoulders and neck covered. Sun hats should have a wide brim to ensure maximum protection. Be sure not to skimp on baby’s swimwear wardrobe either because her skin is especially prone to sunburn. Sun hats are even more important for babies.
- UV sun suits – Anyone who enjoys activities outside should invest in a UV sun suit. These suits are versatile because they can be worn in the water or on land. Beach volleyball players and other sports enthusiasts who typically mix water time with sport time should definitely have this essential piece.
- EPF sunglasses – Not all sunglasses are made alike, so it is important that you go the extra mile and look for a pair that has EPF, or eye protection factor. Wraparound sunglasses provide the most protection but if they have a very low EPF (4 or below), then they don’t provide much protection.
As the earth’s ozone layer continues to deteriorate year by year, sun protection becomes more and more important. Everyone should take the time to learn about why sun protective swimwear is an essential part of spending time in the sun and educate their children about what they find out. Skin cancer isn’t something that happens today but in order to protect yourself from it tomorrow, you’ve got to take steps in sun protection today.